Use this dashboard to review SBAC results for the 2021-2022 school year. The filters at the top can be used to select a certain location, school / district, or subject. For the purposes of identifying charter schools in their districts of location, charter schools are listed under the “School” filter in this dashboard.
About Connecticut’s Charter Schools
- Over 11,000 students attend 21 public charter schools in Connecticut.
- Ninety-four percent (94%) of students attending charter schools are students of color.
- Sixty-two percent (62%) of Connecticut’s charter school students come from low-income households.
Key 2021-22 SBAC Findings
- Statewide performance for all schools and districts decreased by 6.6 percentage points compared with 2018-19, the most recent year with comparable data.
- Performance for all districts where charter schools are located decreased compared with their 2018-19 scores, with decreases ranging from 4.9 to 11.8 percentage points.
- Nineteen (19) charter schools received 2021-22 SBAC data.
- Ninety-five percent (95%) of all charter schools outperformed their host district in ELA and ninety percent (90%) outperformed their host district in Math, in terms of the percent of students meeting or exceeding proficiency requirements for their grade level.
- Four (4) charter schools outperformed the state average for ELA and Math.