The Connecticut Charter Schools Association (CTCSA), in partnership with the LeveragED Foundation, proudly announces a professional learning opportunity for Connecticut’s charter school leaders – the Great Schools for Connecticut LeveragED Launch Pad Program.

This year-long program offers a unique blend of professional development, hands-on experience, and academic enrichment that’s carefully designed to enhance leadership capabilities in the dynamic field of education. For accepted CT charter leaders, aspiring leaders, and CTCSA’s Great Schools for Connecticut (GSCT) subgrant recipients, the program is completely cost-free.*

This development opportunity is part of the Technical Assistance programming required by the GSCT Charter Schools Program (CSP) federal grant award and is offered in collaboration with the LeveragED Foundation. This innovative and comprehensive initiative is aimed at developing the next generation of charter school leaders in Connecticut.

How to apply

Click here to apply!

Eligible applicants

New and emerging leaders from CT charter schools are invited to apply.

  • New Leaders: School-based leaders who have been in their role for less than 2 years.
  • Emerging Leaders: Upcoming school-based leaders interested in gaining experience and sharpening their skill sets as they prepare to take on leadership roles.

Note: While the program is aimed at new and emerging leaders, we believe in the value of this program for all leaders. As such, we will also accept applications from more seasoned leaders.

Application and Program Timeline
  • Application window opens on March 14, 2024 and closes April 15, 2024
  • Interviews with applicants held between April 23, 2024 and May 2, 2024
  • Accepted applications announced on May 10, 2024
  • Cohort kickoff date on May 16, 2024
  • Certificate in School Management and Leadership (CSML) begins June 19, 2024
  • Workshops, mentorship, and site visits held between July 2024 to May 2025
Key Aspects of the Program
  • In-Depth Workshops: Participants engage in five immersive, in-person workshops that foster a collaborative learning environment. These sessions are designed to challenge and expand conventional leadership approaches, focusing on practical skills and innovative strategies for charter school management.
    • Note on location: In-person workshops will take place in New Haven, CT or at school sites throughout the state.
  • Site-Specific Learning and Coaching: GSCT LeveragED LaunchPad extends beyond traditional classroom settings, incorporating personalized site tours and coaching sessions. This tailored approach ensures that learning is directly applicable to each leader’s unique context.
  • Participation in Harvard’s Certificate in School Management and Leadership Course: An integral part of the program is the opportunity to participate in a course from the Certificate in School Management and Leadership (CSML), developed jointly by the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard Business School. This virtual course brings together key principles of educational leadership and business management, enriching the participants’ learning experience.
  • Ongoing Virtual Mentorship: The program includes continuous virtual coaching, providing long-term support and fostering sustained professional growth for each participant.
For more information

Please contact Katie Maron at kmaron@ctcharters.org with any questions.

*The total cost of the Great Schools for Connecticut LeveragED Launch Pad Program is approximately $56,586. The majority of the total program cost (95%, or $53,680) will be borne by the LeveragED Foundation. The remaining 5%, or $2,906 will be borne by the Great Schools for Connecticut (GSCT) Project using technical assistance dollars from the CSP federal grant awarded to CTCSA by the US Department of Education. GSCT is a competitive public charter school grant program funded under the Congressional Every Students Succeeds Act (ESSA, Public Law 114-95), which reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965.